[Asterisk-bsd] Asterisk, BSD, IAX & No Hardware

Frank Griffith glassdude45 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 5 12:15:47 CDT 2007

kldload /usr/local/lib/zaptel/ztdummy.ko

  I believe you will need the other zaptel stuff kldloaded as well. When you install zaptel, and it loads via the zaptel_enable="YES" method in your /etc/rc.conf it will load everything but ztdummy. At least my setup did. I had to load ztdummy by hand until I edited the startup file to take care of this.

"John S. Strock" <john2007 at TheStrocks.com> wrote:
  How do you "run ztdummy", I've tried to load the .ko file and I'm not sure I
know how cause it's still not working.

As a side note, to troubleshoot...I've got another box that's running
FreeBSD 6.2 and Asterisk 1.4.3, and this other box has Digium's hardware
card (with two lines), my two lines work, but I can't get the IAX connection
to work still (even on this one with zaptel installed and working).

Any ideas...

John