[Asterisk-bsd] Digium g729 issues

Calvin Hendryx-Parker calvin at sixfeetup.com
Thu May 24 20:50:16 MST 2007

On May 24, 2007, at 4:46 PM, Gerald A wrote:

> On 5/23/07, Javier Henderson <javier at kjsl.com> wrote: On Wed, 23
> May 2007 18:53:41 -0700, Richard Neese wrote:
> > Digium has a hole in thier heads.
>
> Well, at least they're being upfront about their intentions.
>
> Well, they are committed to making *BSD work on the main asterisk
> codebase (that they maintain
> as GPL), but not the stuff that we're paying for?\

It is a bit disconcerting since we have paid for some g729a licenses
and we only run FreeBSD.  They are working now, but I'm scared to
upgrade the box or asterisk for fear of re-registration.  It has
happened to me before.  If the NICs change at all you have to.  For
example if you enable or disable IPv6.

Put me on the petition to support FreeBSD g729a registration.

Cal

--
S i x  F e e t  U p , I n c .  |  "Nowhere to go but open source"
Silicon Valley: +1 (650) 401-8579 x602
mailto:calvin at sixfeetup.com
http://www.sixfeetup.com  |  Zope/Plone Custom Development