[Asterisk-bsd] upgrade path for 1.2

Graham Todd gtodd at bellanet.org
Thu Mar 22 11:05:24 MST 2007

Javier Henderson wrote:
> On Mar 21, 2007, at 8:04 PM, Julian C. Dunn wrote:
>> I've also been meaning to ask folks on here for some clarity as to where
>> the work on 1.4 is happening, and if it can be beta-tested? Perhaps I'm
>> missing something but I don't know where the repository is for all the
>> work being done.
> What does the 1.4 port do that installing from the tarballs doesn't?

We use ports infrastructure for tracking installations, portaudit, and
possibly some tripwire like stuff as well I think (not sure about that).

> I grabbed the distribution kit from digium's ftp server, it built and
> installed right out of the box, even as far as using BSD friendly
> directories (ie, /usr/local/etc/asterisk for config files,
> /usr/local/share/asterisk for sound files, etc)

Good to know. In terms of installation and file system layout, 1.4 seems
generally more BSD friendly.

cheers,

ps: BSDCan 2007 has a VoIP Tutorial session again this year :-)

--
Graham Todd - bellanet.org
613.236.6163 #2443