[Asterisk-bsd] MeetMe drift

David G Lawrence dg228 at dglawrence.com
Sun Jul 29 20:07:33 CDT 2007

> >    Try the attached. Note that this is *completely* untested - I don't even
> > know for sure if it will compile - I don't run 1.4.x on any machines yet
> > ...but nonetheless I think it will work perfectly. :-)
>
> clean compile, no more cut frames, 6 channels open switching phones, no crashes
>
> Now that both of your new pieces are in place, I am able to test the
> conference delay problems at work tomorrow on real hardware. Thanks
> again for all of the time you've spent on this.

   I'm eager to hear how it goes. BTW, the patch to channel.c actually fixes
long delay problems in all calls, not just in conferences. Ideally, the
queue limit would be a tunable number from a config file and the CLI, but
I find that the limit of 3 voice frames (2 previously on the queue plus
the most recent frame) - a total 0f 60ms, is more than adequate buffering
on calls. Also note that the limit code is written specially to drop the
oldest frames. Some people think it doesn't matter which frames you drop
(oldest or newest), but they are wrong. ;-)

-DG

David G. Lawrence
President
Download Technologies, Inc. - http://www.downloadtech.com - (866) 399 8500
The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
Pave the road of life with opportunities.