[Asterisk-bsd] Zaptel BSD 1.4 for Asterisk 1.4

Vince Vielhaber vev at michvhf.com
Mon Jan 29 14:05:52 MST 2007

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007, Vince Vielhaber wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Jan 2007, Yuri wrote:
>
>>> Once it compiled and I loaded it, zttool showed no alarms on my x100p
>>> (or x101p, whatever it is).  But asterisk fails configure saying my
>>> version of zaptel is too old - I just got it from svn, so there's still
>>> another problem.
>>>
>>> Strangely enough, during configure it gives me this:
>>>
>>> checking for ZT_TONE_DTMF_BASE in zaptel.h... no
>>> checking for ZT_DIAL_OP_CANCEL in zaptel.h... yes
>>>
>>> right before it errors and a grep of /usr/local/include/zaptel shows
>>> ZT_TONE_DTMF_BASE in there and set - probably a #define taking it out
>>> 'cuze there is not another zaptel.h anywhere it'd look.  If anyone has
>>> a fix for that before I find it, it'd be appreciated.
>>
>> That svn revision You use? In old revision (may be prior 94) defination
>> of ZT_TONE_DTMF_BASE was masked from asterisk by #ifdef _KERNEL directive.
>> Now I compile asterisk-1.4.0 w/zaptel from trunk and zaptel-1.4 branch
>> without any problem.
>>
>> But make sure, that You have new header files zaptel.h and tonezone.h in
>> /usr/local/include/zaptel directory. And use new ztcfg from ./ztcfg
>> directory.
>
> I got it compiled but after further review I noticed that chan-zap wasn't
> built.  I then created the dir /usr/local/include/zaptel and moved both
> zaptel.h and tonezone.h into it.  Did a distclean and configure on asterisk
> and all appeared to be well.
>
> Then I started compiling and got about 40 errors for codec-zap.c that
> looks like at least most of them are caused by struct zt_transcode_header
> not being declared anywhere.  A recursive grep did find it in at least
> one zaptel.h in a branch but not in trunk or the installed zaptel.h.
>
> Should I be using something other than trunk or should I add the missing
> struct declaration to zaptel.h?

Ok, answering myself, branch seems to be what I should've been building
instead of trunk.  With the exception of a problem in the makefile in
oct612s (it didn't know how to make install) all went well!

Vince.
--
   Michigan VHF Corp.   http://www.nobucks.net/   http://www.coloser.com/
            Bringing the world a little coloser to your business