[Asterisk-bsd] ok whats going gon

sergio lenzi lenzi at k1.com.br
Fri Dec 21 10:10:06 CST 2007

Em Sex, 2007-12-21 às 08:55 -0800, Richard Neese escreveu:

> anyone been updting the asterisk ports? I know asterisk 1.4.15 does not
> compile in ports and I dont know how uptodate the zaptel is? addons compile
> fine. and lipri compiles fine.

Hello I did not try still the verison 1.4.15....  I am using still the
version 1.4.10
and works very good with zaptel 1.4.6 and FreBSD 7.0

I even post a "bunch"  if codec_g729.so  in  the net for series 7.0...
on http://asterisk.hosting.lv
there is a version for asterisk 1.4 too... and works very good....

> I am also starting to work on trying out 1.6 but no go thus far. I am making
> log files and attenpting to figure the errors out on a box.

I think that 1.4 series is still too unstable to our FreeBSD boxes... I
am are trying
to compete with Siemens, Alcatel, Philips... (that is my world...) and
they have an history of
50 years of good working... so a 10 minutes down time using asterisk is
"unthinkable".....
I have about 20 asterisk running  in large companies (more than 100 sip
accounts each...)
and works very good...  they are working in place of those ancient
siemens, alcatel hardware....

> soo guys let get cought up. I dont heaar alot going on here. is asterisk on
> bsd just not taking off ?

I think it is and will,  FreeBSD works very good in version 1.2 and
1.4 ... it does not break and have
no issues for us... (well the only problem is sending FAX using E1
zaptels,  alalogic interfaces works fine...)

> I find it to be much more stable on bsd....so lets keep it alive please...

No problem   I am starting a project to sell very cheap asterisk/freebsd
boxes... (about 750 dollars)
for 100 users linked to PSTN in SIP... hope will sell it "by the
dozen..."

Sergio