[Asterisk-bsd] silence after pickup with my new AVM Fritz!Card version 2 PCI

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Fri Aug 24 01:50:55 CDT 2007

On Thursday 23 August 2007, Matthias Fechner wrote:
> Hi Jakub,
>
> Jakub Głazik wrote:
> > I had HFC card working, but it burned along with 3 computers.
>
> oh ok thats bad...
>
> > Dammit, I need to install Linux ?
>
> hm, I am not sure if that helps you. I friend of mine replaced his Linux
> PC now  with FreeBSD and everything works fine, with Linux he has only
> problems...
>
> It seems to me that the Fritz Card was never designed to use voice with it.
>
> Best regards,
> Matthias

Hi Jakub,

Send an e-mail to the chip-designer, AVM, and ask them to provide me with the
full documentation of their chips, and I will gladly fix those last issues.
Until now they have been completely unfriendly.

The reason AVM Fritz!Card version 2 PCI is supported is that it works until a
certain revision of the card, and then you only get garbage in the one
direction on the B-channel. Fortunately they use some standard chips on the
D-channel, so at least the D-channel is fully functional and supported.

Maybe I should remove support for these cards ?

--HPS