[Asterisk-bsd] Zaptel not Working After Rebuild

Frank Griffith glassdude45 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 16 13:41:40 CDT 2007

I lost the hard drive in my * server last night so after picking up a new one from Tiger Direct for only $49 I rebuilt my FreeBSD-6.2 system, updated the sources and did a make buildworld...etc...all is well so far.

I updated the ports collection and reinstalled *-1.4.10. I copied over my bcakup conf files and viola, all was working well except for my zaptel stuff. I discovered that I have not installed the * port with zaptel but I went back and installed zaptel from the port. But it's still not working.

If I didn't install zaptel ahead of * will it cause this kind of behavior? I have an X101P that has worked great for many months now and zttool and ztcfg both show it's there and alive. Can I fix this or will I have to deinstall * and start over?