[Asterisk-bsd] Zaptel BSD 4.10 regarding

Rich Murphey rich at whiteoaklabs.com
Wed Apr 25 15:51:15 MST 2007

Krzysztof Drewicz wrote:
> Knight Tiger napisał(a):
>> Hi,
>>         I am new to Asterisk and FreeBSD and I have a FreeBSD box to
>> try out Asterisk and it is running FreeBSD  v 4.10.
>
> FreeBSD v.4.10 could be named as obsolete today.

There continue to be many valid reasons that some may
have for using 4.x.  So although it may be considered
obsolete to some, this is by no means universally true.

Such reasons may include lower resource
usage appropriate for embedded systems, and better
uniprocessor performance for certain tasks.

It might be more accurate to say that 4.x is not
supported, or supported in very limited ways.
Nevertheless, there are many vendors and service
providers that continue to base products upon it.