[Asterisk-bsd] Ports Issues

Richard Neese r.neese at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 11:11:38 MST 2007

OK This morning I am bringing up some issues.

Asterisk 1.2 has fallen way behind in ports asterisk is upto 1.2.17 and yet
asterisk 1.2 on bsd is still at 1.2.13 this is sad. Zaptel and libpri and
asterisk-addons are even behind. If bsd is not going to support the 1.2
branch any more I say we vote to drop it and move all our effort to getting
1.4 into ports and maintaining it. the work is done I sent in a patch this
week for zaptel to dinesh nair to fix issues with 1.4 calls to kmalloc and
calloc . Asterisk 1.4.2, Zatel-bsd 1.4, libpri 1.4, asterisk-addons 1.4, and
asterisk-gui should all compile and work. with the patchs and the
asterisk-merge system. But should be working to get them moved to ports.and
then asterisk merge be used to update them till we get a ports maintainer.

I have given up on the freepbx port as no one seem to have the time to help. I
have moved to working on the asterisk gui and bettering it.

I am looking for a perl person who might be able to take some php agi's and
rewrite them . like the wakeupconfigrm.agi and the wakeup.php agi. . there
are some orther php agis would like to move to perl since thats what asterisk
uses for its agi's. If you have time to help please let me know.

Thanks for your time.