[Asterisk-bsd] Digium g.729 codec registration on FreeBSD 6.1

Guntis Bumburs guntis at rixtel.com
Tue Sep 26 23:20:11 MST 2006

No, the registration utility is taken from:
ftp://ftp.digium.com/pub/asterisk/g729/unsupported/register_utility/freebsd-5.2.1/
I also check the containing of binary and there was a lot of FreeBSD
mentioned.

for testing i also tried
linux binaries but they don't work
output:
_______
ELF binary type "0" not known.
Exec format error. Binary file not executable
______

1. ok, a little cheat to change the binary type:
brandelf -t FreeBSD ./register32
brandelf -t FreeBSD ./register64

then the output for is:
_____
Bad system call (core dumped)
_____

It's very unlikely for linux binary to work because linux has different
MIB naming and if the binary greps some info from ifconfig, the output
is little diferent from FreeBSD. I have encountered such situations with
other commercial software