[Asterisk-bsd] On the bleeding edge of asterisk and zaptel with FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE

Frank Griffith glassdude45 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 23 18:08:11 MST 2006

I have played around with * on FreeBSD enough to know that I would now like to wean myself off my old answer machine by installing an FXO card and hookup my POTS line to my * server. But as usual, I'm afraid of FreeBSD not actually supporting or recognizing the PCI card. Can anyone tell me what results you've had in using FXO and/or FXS cards?

  I've found a good deal on a X100P FXO PCI Card from

  http://www.digitnetworks.com/X100P_FXO_PCI_Card_p/x100p.htm

  and would like to try it out. But if I have to use Linux to run this card, I'd rather put it off until a later time.