[Asterisk-bsd] NetBSD driver update: Help?

Peter Seebach seebs at seebs.net
Fri Sep 15 18:21:05 MST 2006

In message <200609152316.k8FNGfue012494 at lothlorien.nfbcal.org>, Brian Buhrow wr
ites:
>1.  Are you trying to make something compatible with 4.x and higher, or are
>you still including 3.x compatibility?

3.0.1.

>2.  What lead you to believe it was best to re-port the entire driver,
>rather than just patching the changes in?

Major refactoring in the FreeBSD driver.

>My understanding is that FreeBSD has evolved quite a bit in the
>interveening two years, and so if you could just distill what functional
>additions were made, it might be easier to just add those to the existing
>working infrastructure.

This way, I now have a single unified source tree that, with a bit of kicking,
should compile on both systems, because I #ifdef'd all my changes one way or
another.

I think.  I may have missed some.

Anyway, I finally tracked down the last thing; the DMA allocation was
different between the drivers, so the NetBSD driver was dutifully trying to
dereference the null pointers that would have been initialized by the FreeBSD
code.

I now have a driver which loads just fine with a TDM400P (two FXS, two FXO):

Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
Echo Canceller: MARK2
FXS device: vendor=e159 product=1 subvendor=b119
wcfxs0 at pci0 dev 19 function 0: Wildcard TDM400P REV I
Registered Span 1 ('WCTDM/0') with 4 channels
Span ('WCTDM/0') is new master
wcfxs0: interrupting at irq 11
Freshmaker version: 73
Freshmaker passed register test
Module 0: Installed -- AUTO FXS
Module 1: Installed -- AUTO FXS
VoiceDAA did not bring up ISO link properly!
Module 2: Not installed
VoiceDAA did not bring up ISO link properly!
Module 3: Not installed

This leads to the question:  Do I need a phone line for the FXO modules to
come up correctly?  I was hoping to have this as close as possible to fully
debugged before I connected it to the phone lines.

-s