[Asterisk-bsd] NetBSD driver update: Help?

Brian Buhrow buhrow at lothlorien.nfbcal.org
Fri Sep 15 16:16:41 MST 2006

	Hello Peter.  Yes, I care.  I'm running ASterisk zaptel on NetBSD, and
I'm still running NetBSD-2.0, with the pre-port version of the zaptel and
ztdummy drivers.  I did some work on the stuff that went into the pkgsrc
tree, corresponding with Jeff while he was doing the work, and I'd be happy
to help out in any way I can, trying to answer specific questions, loading
test drivers on a test box.
Questions for you:

1.  Are you trying to make something compatible with 4.x and higher, or are
you still including 3.x compatibility?

2.  What lead you to believe it was best to re-port the entire driver,
rather than just patching the changes in?
My understanding is that FreeBSD has evolved quite a bit in the
interveening two years, and so if you could just distill what functional
additions were made, it might be easier to just add those to the existing
working infrastructure.

-Brian