[Asterisk-bsd] NetBSD driver update: Help?

Peter Seebach seebs at seebs.net
Fri Sep 15 11:57:11 MST 2006

In message <200609122040.k8CKekM6005817 at guild.plethora.net>, Peter Seebach writ
es:
>If I load wcfxs, I generally get panics or hangs, and I don't think I
>understand the code entirely well enough to get a good start on debugging
>this.  I would appreciate second opinions.  It looks as though the interrupt
>routine is what's causing the most trouble, but I'm not sure.  (On a secondary
>note; is it normal for a 3215-based FXO module on the card to fail to probe
>if there's no phone line on it yet?  It gave some warning about failing to
>come ready.)

Hi!  I am still stumped.

Does anyone have ANY input?  Suggestions?  Even just a basic understanding
of what the driver does and how the card works, so I can ask questions about
what a given chunk of code is supposed to do?

I am reliably getting various weirdness, such as "kernel hangs completely
when driver is loaded" or "panic in unrelated parts of kernel", all of which
suggest to me that there's some key step in porting from FreeBSD that I don't
know about, but I don't really have anything to go on here.

Any interest?  Is the zaptel-BSD code still maintained?  Does anyone care
whether it runs on *BSD other than FreeBSD/x86?

-s