[Asterisk-bsd] echo

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Fri Oct 13 03:02:39 MST 2006

On 10/12/06 20:50 Aristedes Maniatis said the following:
> Great, thanks. I'll give that a go. I've also noticed from http://
> www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+echo+cancellation that zaptel  1.2

the zaptel-bsd drivers haven't been fully synced with the latest Linux
zaptel drivers. the last time it was synced was with zaptel-1.2.3 as
released by digium.

> introduced kb1 as the default. Is there a reason why the FreeBSD
> version is still defaulting to Mark3?

i've just committed a change to zaptel-bsd subversion which changes the
default to MG2 as that has been tested to work well for most people. KB1
can be made a default when we've got more people testing it and submitting
reports.

> Anyhow, I've followed your advice thank you. I guess, it would be  nice
> if I could figure out how to make the FreeBSD port switch echo
> cancellers based on a config toggle.

using the ports options mechanism, i'm sure this can be achieved by the
port maintainers.

> Quite sizable since this is a Supermicro server class machine and not  a
> little desktop machine used for the purpose. I guess next time I'd  buy

older Digium TDM analog cards used to have this problem on some
motherboards. however, it has been a while since i've touched one of these
babies and the wcfxs.ko driver has remained stagnant since then, other than
the sync with zaptel-1.2.3 as mentioned above.

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)   http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/