[Asterisk-bsd] echo

Aristedes Maniatis ari at ish.com.au
Thu Oct 12 05:50:44 MST 2006

On 12/10/2006, at 10:11 PM, Jeremy Bogan wrote:

>> I didn't even know there were choices. It looks like the default
>> from zconfig.h would be used which appears to be ECHO_CAN_MARK3. I
>> guess it would be nice if these were config options in the Zaptel
>> port. Who are Mark and Steve and what do they know about echo
>> cancellation?
>
> Try ECHO_CAN_MG2 this works the best for us on Telstra/Optus lines.

Great, thanks. I'll give that a go. I've also noticed from http://
www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+echo+cancellation that zaptel
1.2 introduced kb1 as the default. Is there a reason why the FreeBSD
version is still defaulting to Mark3?

Anyhow, I've followed your advice thank you. I guess, it would be
nice if I could figure out how to make the FreeBSD port switch echo
cancellers based on a config toggle.

>> The other problem we've had is one of the TDM FXO ports getting
>> wedged somehow and not answering any calls until a restart of the
>> zaptel driver and/or whole machine. That happened about 2 or 3
>> times now over 6 months.
>
> What size power supply is in the machine?

Quite sizable since this is a Supermicro server class machine and not
a little desktop machine used for the purpose. I guess next time I'd
buy a Sangoma card which many people seem to rate highly and they
appear to have hardware based echo cancellation.

Thanks for you help

Cheers
Ari Maniatis

ish
http://www.ish.com.au
phone +61 2 9550 5001   fax +61 2 9550 4001