[Asterisk-bsd] SHOUTcast MOH Problems

Mark Kane mark at mkproductions.org
Thu Oct 12 12:25:37 MST 2006

On Sun, Oct 08, 2006, at 08:18:36 -0700, Richard E. Neese wrote:
> Read the madplay website it tells you how to stream with it . And yes
> it can stream shoutcast and icecast.

I did, several times, as well as the man page. I've also confirmed with
their mailing list that madplay does not directly support streaming,
and that the recommended way is through a pipe which is what I tried
first.

So my question now is why do the pipes that work fine on the command
line not work in musiconhold.conf as the "application", or a shell
script with the same pipes as the "application"?

That means either of these:

application=/usr/local/bin/curl http://stream.example.com:8000/

application=/usr/local/bin/wget -O - http://stream.example.com:8000
| /usr/local/bin/madplay --mono -R 8000 -

moh reload or restarting Asterisk doesn't launch processes of curl,
wget, or madplay in either of the above examples.

Thanks.

-Mark

--
Internet Radio:
Party107 (Trance/Electronic) - http://www.party107.com

IRC:
MIXXnet IRC Network - irc.mixxnet.net (Nick: MIXX941)