[Asterisk-bsd] SHOUTcast MOH Problems

Mark Kane mark at mkproductions.org
Sun Oct 8 01:31:27 MST 2006

On Sat, Oct 07, 2006, at 20:51:59 -0700, Richard E. Neese wrote:
> Drop mpg123 andinstall madplayer...

Do you know how to use madplay to play streams with Asterisk? madplay
doesn't support streams directly as far as I can tell, so I tried like
this but it doesn't work in Asterisk (even though it works fine on the
command line):

application=/usr/local/bin/curl http://shoutcast.server.com:8000/
| /usr/local/bin/madplay --mono -R 8000 --output=snd:- -

I tried "moh reload" as well as restarting * itself. I tried with just
curl grabbing the stream without the pipe and that worked (only static
of course since it's not in the right format), so am I doing something
wrong in musiconhold.conf when trying to make the pipe? There are no
errors on the Asterisk console.

I also tried the same command in a shell script and set "application="
in musiconhold.conf to that shell script which did not work either. By
not working, I mean no curl or madplay processes running and no sound
outputted to the caller.

Thanks again.

-Mark

--
Internet Radio:
Party107 (Trance/Electronic) - http://www.party107.com

IRC:
MIXXnet IRC Network - irc.mixxnet.net (Nick: MIXX941)