[Asterisk-bsd] Can't Configure X100P card

Frank Griffith glassdude45 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 3 18:07:33 MST 2006

Let me correct that to say that my zaptel.conf file is like this:

  fxoks=1
  loadzone=us
  defaultzone=us

  I changed 2 to 1 as I only have one card...same results. I went through the zapatel setup too but I guess until I get the zaptel part to work and can configure the card with ztcfg it's no use.

Frank Griffith <glassdude45 at yahoo.com> wrote:
    I run FreeBSD-6.0 and Asterisk-1,2,9,1. I purchased an X100P card and it arrived today. I installed it and to my surprise FreeBSD found it on IRQ9. When I loaded the zaptel drivers this appeared on my monitor:

  Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
Echo Canceller: MARK3
ZapTel device: vendor=e159 device=1 subvendor=8085
wcfxo0: <Wildcard X101P> port 0x6800-0x68ff mem 0xe4000000-0xe4000fff irq 9 at device 11.0 on pci0
ZapTel Attach for wcfxo0: deviceID : 0xe159
wcfxo0: [FAST]
wcfxo: DAA mode is 'FCC'
Found a Wildcard FXO: Wildcard X101P
ZapTel device loaded.
ztdummy: loaded

  I followed the instructions in the Asterisk TFOT manual and did the following to my zaptel.conf file:

  fxoks=2
  loadzone=us
  defaultzone=us

  I then restart Asterisk and try to configure the card using zttool. I see two entries, a RED and UNCONFIGURED. No matter which one I choose, it doesn't give me a clue as to what I should do. No man page is available for either zttool or ztcfg. Can anyone offer some advice here. It looks like it's trying to work I just can't get the channel to show up.

  ztcfg shows 0 channels configured.