[Asterisk-bsd] PostgreSQL Installed Make a Mess

Aaron Seelye aseelye-lists at eltopia.com
Tue May 30 10:34:12 MST 2006

Well, it sounds like asterisk isn't finding it.  The easiest way, which would cause you less headaches in the future would be to backup your pgsql data and install the port version.  Installing half your software by hand is dodgy at best, as the ports are made to work together, and usually will do so very well.  Doing it by hand will create something of a dependency hell that's easier to stop in the beginning rather than when you have a dozen or so ports that you're nursing along by hand.

Otherwise, you can hackup the Makefile of the asterisk port to point at where to find the necessary pgsql libs.