[Asterisk-bsd] Problem on SVN

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Sun Mar 26 09:35:49 MST 2006

On Sun, Mar 26, 2006 at 01:57:46PM +0800, Dinesh Nair wrote:

> On 03/25/06 23:35 Kim Culhan said the following:
> > On Thu, March 23, 2006 11:53 am, Diego Valencia said:
> >
> >>Hi, I'm trying compile asterisk SVN /asterisk/team/oej/t38passthrough on
> >>freebsd 6.0, and I get this error:
> >>
> >>chan_zap.c:111:2: #error "Your zaptel is too old.  please update"
> >>gmake[1]: *** [chan_zap.o] Error 1
> >>gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/asteriskt38/asterisk/channels'
> >>gmake: *** [subdirs] Error 1
> >>

> >>the version of zaptel driver is 0.11
> >>
> >>Could anybody help me?
> >

> > A week ago I found that asterisk SVN would not compile on
> > FreeBSD 6.1-PRERELEASE for this reason among others.
> >
> > It was possible to obtain asterisk and libpri via CVS, compile libpri
> > first then asterisk.
>
> asterisk 1.2.5 and libpri 1.2.2 compile with very little patching on
> freebsd 6.0. i'm in a massive effort to bring the freebsd zaptel drivers up
> to date with zaptel 1.2.4, but this is taking time due to work pressures.
> do be patient.

this said, the 'old zaptel' situation only applies if you are using PRI
supoprt. For normal uses (i.e. when you just need the timer support)
things are fine and the error message is totally unnecessary.
I posted a report on mantis a while ago with a fix (that is, produce
the error message only if WITHOUT_PRI is not set), but it was refused.

if you people are interested in the feature, speak out.

cheers
luigi