[Asterisk-bsd] BRI/PRI Card for Asterisk/BSD

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Mon Mar 6 05:46:30 MST 2006

On Monday 06 March 2006 11:18, ltorres wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently joined this list and the Asterisk world. Im working on avaya
> business partner and I'm testing an Asterisk 1.0.9 runing on NetBSD on my
> lab. In this moment I have only a few 4621SW Sip avaya phones working on
> it. My objective is to build a strong and reliable low cost pbx with less
> failures as possible. What BRI and PRI cards work best with asterisk??

There is also ISDN4BSD, which supports "HFC-E1" (Primary Rate), and is
supported on NetBSD, see:

http://www.turbocat.net/~hselasky/isdn4bsd

ISDN4BSD has got a very easy to use, and detailed diagnostic tool,
"isdndecode", which can be run in parallell with your E1. Also it is very
secure. That means, when it decodes L2/L3 packets it uses memory access
wrappers, to avoid a various range of exploits. This also includes
"isdndecode".

--HPS