[Asterisk-bsd] On the bleeding edge of asterisk and zaptel with FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Fri Jun 23 02:37:43 MST 2006

On 06/21/06 19:00 Kim Culhan said the following:
> Is this from Asterisk source obtained via subversion as described in my
> original post ?
>
> In order for the Asterisk build system to do the Right Thing on FreeBSD
> it does checks to determine the operating system and version.

during astridevcon in early may, i sat with russell (asterisk release
engineer) and we worked out some of the platform dependent build bugs in
the Makefile system for asterisk trunk (soon to be 1.4). luigi and i
further sat and worked out another locking/threading bug when DEBUG_THREADS
was turned on and a couple of other build bugs.

admittedly, it may not be perfect, but asterisk on freebsd has come a long
way when i used to keep a massive patch just to get it to build fine.

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)   http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/