[Asterisk-bsd] View status on ISDN card using chan_capi

Matthias Fechner idefix at fechner.net
Thu Jun 22 01:58:43 MST 2006

Hello Hans,

* Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky at c2i.net> [22-06-06 09:41]:
> And when you make a call, it will show the controller also:
>
> CAPI controller 0x9 {
>  active     : 0x0001 call descriptors
>  on hold    : 0x0000 call descriptors
>  B-channels : 0x0040 units
> }

ah ok, but i think the hint function from asterisk cannot handle it or?
I am not sure how it is working with SIP and IAX2 but if use the hint
configuration in the extensions.conf and execute the following command
in the asterisk shell I see:
show hints
 -= Registered Asterisk Dial Plan Hints =-
  202                 : IAX2/202              State:Idle Watchers  1
  201                 : SIP/201               State:InUse Watchers  1
  200                 : SIP/200               State:Unavailable Watchers  1
----------------
- 3 hints registered

or
 -= Registered Asterisk Dial Plan Hints =-
  202                 : IAX2/202         State:Ringing Watchers  1
  201                 : SIP/201          State:InUse Watchers  1
  200                 : SIP/200          State:Unavailable Watchers  1
----------------
- 3 hints registered

sry I not an asterisk programmer so I have no idea who SIP and IAX2 is
doing this, but if show hints display it, my hardphone can display the
status of the lines via BLF.

It would be really great if you can implement something like this into
chan_capi.

For the hint configuration it seems, that I need something like:
CAPI/ISDN1/channel1
CAPI/ISDN2/channel2

or something similar.

If you need more information, a testsystem or anything else feel free
to contact me (per ICQ too, remember the PCI Fritz card :) ).

Best regards,
Matthias

Rich Cook