[Asterisk-bsd] I think I've Been Hacked by an Intruder

Frank Griffith glassdude45 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 21 16:51:21 MST 2006

Looks like it was a false alarm. Someone in a chat room pointed me to the /var/log/asterisk/cdr-csv/Master.csv file. There was no record of these calls in this file so I can assume the calls were not made from my * server.

Frank Griffith <glassdude45 at yahoo.com> wrote:
    Okay gang,

  My * server runs on FreeBSD-6.1-RELEASE and it's behind a FreeBSD-6.0-RELEASE gateway running IPFW. I opened up the necessary ports to allow * to run and so far so good. I opened an account with a VOIP provider and that service has been swell but...

  Today I looked at my call log that the VOIP provider furnishes on their website and someone has made calls to Rwanda, Lechinstein and the Russian Republic. Each call was only a couple of minutes and the money value of all the calls was only about $4 US. The provider said no problem they would credit my account but when I asked them what happened they said that one of their techs who helped me setup my extensions.conf file may have done some testing. When I told them that the source number showed up as the callerid I use on my * server he wasn't so sure then and said that perhaps someone did hack into my system.

  My IPFW rules don't log allowed packets so I can't see anything there. Is there someway to look into the * logs and find out what happened?