[Asterisk-bsd] On the bleeding edge of asterisk and zaptel with FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Wed Jun 21 10:15:13 MST 2006

> The appended possibly indicates a failure of the Asterisk build
> system to allow compilation on FreeBSD-current, is that what FBSD
> version you used ?

yes.

> You should know by now that running a complicated and critical
> telephone system on FreeBSD-current makes no sense -current is
> for development of the operating system and not for running
> mission-critical things.

thanks for the lecture.  i will apply it to the broken port.

>> gcc -g -Wall -o menuselect menuselect.o menuselect_curses.o ../mxml/libmxml.a -lncurses
>> menuselect.o(.text+0x123c): In function `generate_makeopts_file':
>> /usr/local/src/asterisk/asterisk/build_tools/menuselect.c:519: undefined reference to `strdupa'
>> menuselect.o(.text+0x12b1):/usr/local/src/asterisk/asterisk/build_tools/menuselect.c:527: undefined reference to `strdupa'
>> gmake[1]: *** [menuselect] Error 1
>> gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/asterisk/asterisk/build_tools'
>> gmake: *** [build_tools/menuselect] Error 2
>
> Is this from Asterisk source obtained via subversion as described in my
> original post ?

nope.  i was trying to follow other poster's success story of using
zaptel dummy from subversion and then the standard asterisk port.

the port did build until recently.  my apologies for rerorting
anything.  i promise to not do it again and, if you wish, will
unsubscribe from this list.

<sigh>

randy