[Asterisk-bsd] IP Phone Recommendation

Michael Grigoni michael.grigoni at cybertheque.org
Sun Jun 4 15:06:39 MST 2006

Frank Griffith wrote:

> I'd like to purchase at least one IP phone for my setup. I've seen the
> prices everywhere from $60 to $400. Can anyone please recommend a good,
> inexpensive model that is SIP and IAX2 compatible?

I recommend Teliann; we purchased a Teliphone 3100 D21P SIP with PSTN
more than a year ago and when it developed an audio problem, Teliann
replaced it at no charge.  We have been very pleased with its quality
and reliability and the version that includes a V.90 modem works very
well over async dial-up using G.729.  All versions include ethernet.
When we needed an improved xmit level control, Teliann provided
updated firmware.  They may even be persuaded to do IAX2 ;)

See http://www.teliann.com/products.html; our cost for the 3100 D21P
was about $150.00.

Regards,

Michael Grigoni