[Asterisk-bsd] Line problems with wcfxo driver

Bill Harris harrisb at rcisd.org
Sat Jul 8 11:24:01 MST 2006

I've been having trouble with a  X100P card.

I'm running the latest svn trunk, on FBSD 6.1 with * 1.2.9

Problems are, I hear beeping periodically on the line, and I'm
fighting the ever present echo issue.

I've played with the rxgain and txgain, and I can get the =>PSTN
volume good, but the audio <=PSTN  is still noisy and the quick
beeps are annoying.

Is it an impedance issue?  I've tried all variations of gain from +4
to -3, and can get the volume satisfactory, with minimal echo, but
it's just not as clear as an analog phone hooked to it.

Could it be a taps issue?  I saw in the kernel modules it has either
64 or 128 taps as default.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

Bill Harris
harrisb at rcisd.org