[Asterisk-bsd] Update FreeBSD to verion 6?

Kim Culhan w8hdkim at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 13:49:48 CST 2006

On 1/8/06, Luigi Rizzo <rizzo at icir.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 08, 2006 at 02:01:19PM -0500, Kim Culhan wrote:
> > Take a look at the effort taken to cause it to install in the 'standard FreeBSD
> > places':
> > While you're there, take a look at all the other work they've done to make it
> > Do The Right Thing on FreeBSD:
>
> well, apart from the fact that i contributed quite a few of these
> changes, there are other patches that i have are not being committed because
> they are considered as FreeBSD bugs, not asterisk bugs; or because the
> committers don't have time to analyse them. It took me months to get
> the chan_oss.c in.

Now that chan_oss.c is in, how about provisions for live music-on-hold ? :)

I've read some of these discussions on asterisk-dev..

Its very generous of you to contribute your time to the asterisk project,
I wish they were more willing to accept advice from someone with more
experience in professional software engineering..

Would you be willing to post some of your changes in the form of patches ?

> The port is needed if you want to build asterisk-current on 4.11,
> or if you want a clean -Werror compile, etc.

Thanks for your many contributions to Asterisk luigi

-Illegitimi Non Carborundum

regards
-kim

w8hdkim at gmail.com