[Asterisk-bsd] Update FreeBSD to verion 6?

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Sun Jan 8 13:13:02 CST 2006

On Sun, Jan 08, 2006 at 02:01:19PM -0500, Kim Culhan wrote:
> Take a look at the effort taken to cause it to install in the 'standard FreeBSD
> places':
> While you're there, take a look at all the other work they've done to make it
> Do The Right Thing on FreeBSD:
>
> ifeq ($(OSARCH),FreeBSD)
>   BSDVERSION=$(shell make -V OSVERSION -f
> $(CROSS_COMPILE_TARGET)/usr/share/mk/bsd.port.subdir.mk)
>   ASTCFLAGS+=$(shell if test $(BSDVERSION) -lt 500016 ; then echo "-D_THREAD_SA
> FE"; fi)
>   LIBS+=$(shell if test  $(BSDVERSION) -lt 502102 ; then echo "-lc_r"; else ech
> o "-pthread"; fi)
>   ifneq ($(wildcard $(CROSS_COMPILE_TARGET)/usr/local/include/spandsp),)
>     ASTCFLAGS+=-I$(CROSS_COMPILE_TARGET)/usr/local/include/spandsp
>   endif
>   MPG123TARG=freebsd
>
> With all these measures taken to enable pain-free compilation on FreeBSD
> who needs the port ?

well, apart from the fact that i contributed quite a few of these
changes, there are other patches that i have are not being committed because
they are considered as FreeBSD bugs, not asterisk bugs; or because the
committers don't have time to analyse them. It took me months to get
the chan_oss.c in.

The port is needed if you want to build asterisk-current on 4.11,
or if you want a clean -Werror compile, etc.

cheers
luigi