[Asterisk-bsd] Re-installing different versions of Asterisk

Michael Sheldon msheldon at lmjn.com
Wed Feb 1 12:42:28 MST 2006

Hello all,

First, apologies if this is a ridiculously simple question, but I haven't
been able to find an answer in the wiki or the list archives.

I have a FreeBSD 5.4-p7 machine running SVN-trunk-7498.  I wanted to
upgrade so I renamed /usr/local/src/asterisk to /usr/local/src/asterisk-old and
then downloaded SVN-trunk-80xx (don't remember the version now as I've removed
it) to /usr/local/src/asterisk.  Perfomed gmake and gmake install but when
I fired asterisk back up and then went into the CLI, it was still showing
7498.

I stopped asterisk, removed /usr/local/share/asterisk,
/usr/local/lib/asterisk, /usr/local/etc/asterisk, all binaries from
/usr/local/sbin, and /usr/local/src/asterisk.  I refetched the 80xx sources to
/usr/local/src/asterisk and did a gmake && gmake install but still show
the 7498 version in the CLI.

What am I missing, if anything?  I want to be able to install a version,
completely remove it and install a different version for testing and
documentation in a lab setup without having to perform an entire
OS/application re-install.

BTW, kudos to all who have worked so hard to make asterisk and zaptel run
so well on FreeBSD.  I have nothing against Linux but it is so nice to be
back 'home' in FreeBSD again.  I hope that some good, repeatable,
step-by-step documentation comes out of my project so I can
contribute something as well.

--
Michael Sheldon