[Asterisk-bsd] new Asterisk ports

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Feb 1 04:47:40 MST 2006

Dinesh Nair wrote:

> On 01/31/06 18:50 Vahan Yerkanian said the following:
>
>> FYI, at the moment net/asterisk uses asterisk-1.2.3/libpri-1.2.1 and
>> compiled clearly on freebsd6.0. Maintainer responded quickly this time
>> and updated the port from 1.2.2 to 1.2.3 within a couple of days.
>

> absolutely. i've just posted the patches for those who're tracking the
> tarballs or asterisk trunk directly as we do. the one good thing which
> i've seen in asterisk over recent months is more native build (read:
> Makefile) support for freebsd.

Yes, finally.

It took me by surprise, since my configuration in /etc/asterisk was no
longer used, and the sound files directory moved, leaving my private
sound files abandoned and not reachable. After upgrading trunk, the RSA
keys for service providers and various peers was no longer accessible
either. Took a while to clear that up and understand the effects. That
is why I added a warning to UPGRADE.txt :-)

For new installations, it's much more FreeBSD-ish.

/O