[Asterisk-bsd] Zaptel questions - kld loads on boot and ringing question

Jerry jerry at voiptower.com
Wed Dec 20 19:44:35 MST 2006

First question (hopefully easy) - I get this when ringing my FXS phone:
Dec 20 20:54:45 WARNING[459]: chan_zap.c:1810 zt_call: Unable to reset
default ring on 'Zap/1-1'

The phone rings fine, but when I was running under CentOS many moons ago I
never saw this. I'm willing to dig to find the problem, but am wondering
if this is something that is known? I'm running 1.2.x version of Asterisk,
and I've svn updated the zaptel-bsd source to the latest trunk, andI'm
running FreeBSD 6.0.

Second - I asked this a while back, and got some advice about module

What I was trying to do was, in /boot/loader.conf:
zaptel_load = "YES"
wcfxs_load = "YES"
wcfxo_load = "YES"

Now, zaptel and wcfxs work beautifully. wxfxo, however, chokes and dies:
  kernel: ZapTel Attach for wcfxo0: deviceID : 0xe159
  kernel: Can't use fast interrupts, falling back to normal
  kernel: wcfxo0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
  kernel: Failed to initailize DAA, giving up...
  kernel: Freed a Wildcard
  kernel: ZapTel detach!
  kernel: We failed: 5
  kernel: device_attach: wcfxo0 attach returned 5

If I unload/load the kld after boot, everything is sunny. I've taken to
sticking it in rc.local as a command, which I feel is a bit crufty.

Should it work from loader.conf, and why isn't it? (If I'm doing something
obviously wrong, please let me know).

Thanks in advance,
J.