[Asterisk-bsd] FreeBPX

Shawn O'Connor soconnor at falconknight.com
Wed Apr 12 10:57:25 MST 2006

Jeff LaCoursiere wrote:
> Wow - I would have to disagree with the @home comment.  I am running in two
> businesses and a hotel, the hotel taking and placing calls through
> Audiocodes gateways at a rate of about 5000/day.  @home is so stable, in
> fact, that I have trouble justifying playing with the FreeBSD setups I have
> anymore.  Sure would like to see @home (or something like it) ported to
> FreeBSD.

Hey Jeff,

My problem with the @home product is that it seems like they don't QA
their releases.  So, one release will be produced and queues won't be
working, the next release the digital receptionist won't work but queues
will be working.  Then, the next those two will be fixed but fax support
will be broken.

The other big problem that I have is that there's no clear migration
path from semi-broken version to semi-broken version.  Everyone seems to
say, take screen shots, blow it away, and reinstall.  Egads!  With a
normal asterisk install, I can control the upgrade process quite nicely.

I will agree that the linux zaptel modules are more stable than the
freebsd.  I wonder if the sangoma hardware modules with FreeBSD asterisk
are the way to go.  Anyone have good input on that?

    -Shawn