[Asterisk-bsd] The future of 4.X support was [zaptel-bsd]

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Tue Sep 27 01:06:43 CDT 2005

if you can take over mainteinance for 4.x, that would be
great. I am just afraid that it will probably need to be
outside the main freebsd ports tree.

This said, asterisk itself has some issues with the thread
library on 4.x, and while i have been using it for months now,
there are things that do not work (basically anything that forks
a new process) and i suspect that also some long delays i
see sometimes when there are zaptel events are related to this.

So in the end it might be necessary to have asterisk patches
as well.

cheers
luigi