[Asterisk-bsd] The future of 4.X support was [zaptel-bsd]

Dr. Rich Murphey Rich at WhiteOakLabs.com
Mon Sep 26 12:40:55 CDT 2005

There are ISPs and service providers that stick with 4.x for performance
(and thus scalability).  The perforance gaps may eventually be elminated,
but meanwhile, abandoning 4.x may affect adoption by those that
might use it heavily.

Still, it's understandable that -stable would be the most reasonble focus,
if any.  I only mention this to illustrate a trade-off.

Cheers,
Rich