[Asterisk-bsd] app_sql_odbc / app_odbcexec

Chris St Denis chris at aebc.com
Tue Sep 13 16:41:08 CDT 2005

Anybody gotten app_odbcexec to work under FreeBSD? I've installed the
UnixODBC port and made the changes outlined in
http://www.loligo.com/asterisk/misc/apps/odbc/app_odbcexec/ (Which are a bit
out of date, but I think I did them right) but can't get it to compile. At
best I get

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lodbc

I tried changing the -lodbc to -llibodbc because the file in /usr/local/lib
is libodbc.a but I still get the same.

This happens for both the app_odbcexec from that URL, and the app_sql_odbc
already in the makefile but commented out (Which I'm not even quite certain
what is).

I need to be able to manipulate user preferences in a postgresql database.
If this can't work, is there another good way to do this other than AGI?