[Asterisk-bsd] beronet BRI card under FreeBSD... doesn't run ? :-(

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Sun Sep 4 06:28:12 CDT 2005

On Sunday 04 September 2005 00:34, Yoann Le Bihan wrote:
> Hello everyone ! :)
>
> This little mail to check this bad news... do you confirm that beronet
> BRI cards (especially mine, which is a 1xS0 card) doesn't run with
> chan_capi ?... and that chan_mISDN has no port under FreeBSD ?...
>
> well, if someone has a clue to make it work under FreeBSD, please
> don't hesitate to share it ! :-|

Hi,

CAPI2.0 is supported for passive cards BRI on FreeBSD. If you are subscribed
to freebsd-isdn at freebsd.org, you will get information about this. There is a
pre-release for FreeBSD available that will enable "chan_capi" to work. If
you need "chan_capi" pre-patched, just let me know, and I will send you the
sources.

I assume that your ISDN card has a HFC-S PCIA chip. Maybe you can send me a
copy of :

"pciconf -l -v"

And point out which is your ISDN adapter.

Download the three files below into a new directory and type "make install".
To uninstall type "make deinstall".

http://home.c2i.net/hselasky/isdn4bsd/privat/temporary/155/Makefile
http://home.c2i.net/hselasky/isdn4bsd/privat/temporary/new_ihfc_1_5_5.tar.bz2
http://home.c2i.net/hselasky/isdn4bsd/privat/temporary/new_ihfc_1_5_5.diff.bz2

Install instructions appear when you type "make help|more".

PS: If you have the source tree in a directory different from "/usr/src",
simply use "make S=/usr/mydirectory install". The only files that will not
get installed here is a copy of the header files, which is always installed
in /usr/include/....

A little note. If you are using FreeBSD 7 current from before 8th of August
2005, you will have to change "#if (__FreeBSD_version >= 700001)" to "#if 0"
in the two files that break during kernel compilation. These are
"/sys/i4b/layer4/i4b_capidrv.c" and "/sys/i4b/layer4/i4b_i4bdrv.c".

The driver should work with FreeBSD 5/6/7.

A new release that supports the HFC-E1 chip, primary rate, is expected by the
end of this month.

PS: There are some things that can be tuned to get the delays further down,
but that is not included in this release.

--HPS