[Asterisk-bsd] E1 PRI error: "!! Got I-frame while link state 2" and "!! Got a UA, but i'm in state 1" (long)

Konstantin Prokazoff kprokazov at svr.kiev.ua
Thu Oct 20 12:14:46 CDT 2005

Welcome,

    We haven't touched drivers yet, but I think card you have using aren't
buggy. Can you try to set in zaptel.conf different sync sources for
different spans? For example, first span, sync source 1, fourth span - sync
source 2 and so on. Don't use CRC if this options not required by other
side, cause due to standards, CRC4 not recommended for E1s. As addition, can
you divide first span and fourth span into 2 different call groups in
zapata.conf, for example first span - group 1, fourth span - group 2. And
try again. Listings are appreciated.

So, simpliest config to test, is:
zaptel.conf:
> span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3
> span=4,2,0,ccs,hdb3
> bchan=1-15
> dchan=16
> bchan=94-108
> dchan=109
> bchan=110-124
> mulaw=1-124

zapata.conf:
> [channels]
> switchtype=euroisdn
> signalling=pri_net
> context=default
> group=1
> relaxdtmf=yes
> echocancel=no
> echocancelwhenbridged=no
> echotraining=no
> channel => 1-15
> channel => 17-31
> signalling=pri_cpe
> context=default
> group=2
> relaxdtmf=yes
> echocancel=no
> echocancelwhenbridged=no
> echotraining=no
> channel => 94-108
> channel => 110-124

And very interesting for me, what type of chipset are you using. I have 4
severs on Intel 72 and 73 chipset, but zttest shows no more than 99,98%.

Best regards,
        Konstantin Prokazoff
Center Of Excellence, S_V_R Ltd., Kyiv HQs, Ukraine
Official business-partner & DevConnect member of Avaya Inc.
Regional development & support center of Digium Inc.
Tel. +38 044 244 1181, ext. 1038
Fax. +38 044 234 0455