[Asterisk-bsd] Brand new FreeBSD-5.4 install

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Mon Oct 10 23:09:32 CDT 2005

On 10/11/05 08:35 William Lloyd said the following:
> The asterisk version in ports is the "stable" 1.0 version.  It's  really
> old at this point since Asterisk hasn;t released a new version  in over
> 1 year.

that's true, but it's stable nonetheless.

> You are better off to manually install and run CVS HEAD (development
> version).  The development version will probably be released as  version
> 1.2 stable this week at Astricon anyway.

CVS HEAD compiles and runs very well on freebsd 4.x, so it should be fine
for 5.x as well. however, do note that CVS HEAD is /not/ the 1.2 which will
be released at astricon. to get that, you'd need the -r 1.2 flag to be
given during the cvs checkout.

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)    http://www.alphaque.com/