[Asterisk-bsd] Asterisk on FreeBSD + Passive ISDN BRI

Jan.Stocker at t-online.de Jan.Stocker at t-online.de
Wed May 25 00:50:06 CDT 2005

Yes,
as far as I know there is no passive card supported. C4B will not
support any passive cards in the near future until someone will write
the B/D-Channel protocol stack for it. The cheapest card is AVM B1. You
can get a B1 ISA (if you still have an ISA port) for about 25 Euro on
EBay, the PCI version must be something about 80 Euros. I don't know
what DID still defines, but if this means you want to route different
telephone numbers (MSNs or P2P-numbers) on the BRI (S0) to different
Asterisk destination, than you can do it. If DID also means you can
attach a telephone to the S0 (not a PBX or PSTN line) than you can't,
cause AVM cards can not be switched to NT mode. Some of the ITK cards
can, but please ask Mr. Wintergerst (author of C4B) for this, he has
implemented a driver for ITK cards in the upcoming C4B version.

Jan