=?iso-8859-1?Q?Re: =5BAsterisk-bsd=5D Asterisk on FreeBSD =2B ISDN BRI?=

David Wetzel dave at turbocat.de
Mon May 23 14:54:05 CDT 2005

Cian wrote:

> Hello all, I am new to this list and to asterisk but am a long time
> BSD user (though rather lacking in Linux knowledge) and would like to
> install Asterisk on a spare box to act as a PBX at home, basically
> I'm going to route most of my calls over IP, but for incoming,
> emergency, toll free, faxes, etc I want to use ISDN (EuroISDN I'm in
> Ireland).
> I have one sticking point, I don't really want four BRIs so the
> quadBRI seems like overkill. However I'm still undecided on what card
> to buy, since this is nothing mission critical I would initially like
> to start with a cheap passive card, and if all doesn't go well i'll
> buy something better. Anyway could I please have everyone and
> anyone's experience of ISDN on FreeBSD, what cards are supported,
> what cards work well?

It looks like there is no support for i4b <-> asterisk.
I am currently working on a library that I will use to write the i4b module for asterisk.
Because I use the i4b API that should work with all supported cards.
There is a new i4b version that supports also new cards like HFC. Check out the freebsd-isdn list
archives.

When I have something to play with I will post here...

dave

---
   _  _
 _(_)(_)_  David Wetzel, Turbocat's Development,
(_) __ (_) Buchhorster Strasse 23, D-16567 Muehlenbeck/Berlin, FRG,
  _/  \_   Fax +49 33056 82835 Phone +49 33056 82834
 (______)  http://www.turbocat.de/