[Asterisk-bsd] Syslog error with TDM411 -long

Marios Andreou marios at comand.net
Tue May 17 16:46:44 CDT 2005

[snip]

>> So the solution for me is to reboot and cross my fingers that it
>> will not happen in the next phone call. Actually it did this to me
>> twice one after the other without being in the asterisk console.

> Yes this is my [temporary] solution too..

Actually I found another way to get our of this problem.
Either way rebooting means you have to stop asterisk.

So I stop asterisk.
Unload the kernel modules and reload them then start asterisk.
A lot faster than rebooting.

Ie:
# /usr/local/sbin/asterisk -r -x 'stop now'
# kldunload wcfxs.ko
# kldunload zaptel.ko

# kldload /usr/local/lib/zaptel/zaptel.ko
# kldload /usr/local/lib/zaptel/wcfxs.ko

# ztcfg

# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/asterisk.sh start

Actually I'll make it a shell script.

[snip]