[Asterisk-bsd] Syslog error with TDM411 -long

Kim Culhan w8hdkim at yahoo.com
Sat May 14 06:20:54 CDT 2005

--- Marios Andreou <marios at comand.net> wrote:

> I get this error MOSTLY when I'm in asterisk console and 'set
> verbose 99'

I get this once in a while and it is sent to the machine console
where
the console gets:

*.err;kern.warning

Dunno which facility/level is getting this, same problem though..

> After I hang up the phone the syslog (message log) goes crazy with
> this info:
>
> May 12 14:33:36 kernel: Polarity reversed (-1 -> 1)
> May 12 14:33:37 asterisk[652]: WARNING[652]: chan_zap.c:1699 in
> zt_call: Unable to reset default ring on 'Zap/1-1'
> May 12 14:33:37 kernel: Polarity reversed (1 -> -1)
> May 12 14:33:44 asterisk[652]: WARNING[652]: chan_zap.c:1474 in
> zt_set_hook: zt hook failed: Device busy
> May 12 14:33:45 kernel: Ouch, part reset, quickly restoring reality
> (0)

[some lines deleted]

> May 12 14:33:46 kernel: !!!!!!! LOOP_CLOSE_TRES_LOW  iREG 2b = 0
> should be 1000
> May 12 14:33:46 kernel: !!!!! Init Indirect Registers
> UNSUCCESSFULLY.
> May 12 14:33:46 kernel: Indirect Registers failed verification.
> May 12 14:33:46 kernel: Power alarm on module 1, resetting!
> May 12 14:33:46 kernel: Ouch, part reset, quickly restoring reality
> (0)

[snip]

> So the solution for me is to reboot and cross my fingers that it
> will not happen in the next phone call. Actually it did this to me
> twice one after the other without beeing in the asterisk console.

Yes this is my [temporary] solution too..

I'm running recent zaptel bits and have this problem only on
initial bootup, and very rarely then.

You may want to try using zaptel built from that.

You can get the latest bits with the information here:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-FreeBSD+zaptel

You need to have Subversion installed, easiest from:

/usr/ports/devel/subversion

>From the voip-info page above and all on one line say:

svn co --username svn --password
 https://svn.bluezbox.com/repos/zaptel-bsd

This will give you the zaptel-bsd build tree at:

zaptel-bsd/trunk

There you should be able to just 'make'

Suggest you copy the kernel objects *.ko
from the respective directories here
to the same locations as you have presently installed
from ports

-just replace the *.ko files with the new
versions just compiled.

I don't know how others are using the zaptel-bsd drivers from svn
following the instructions in the included README; this does not
work for me.

The scheme for loading at bootup as used in the zaptel port
works fine.

Anyone have any comments on this ?

Also, you may want to consider the patch located here to
improve fxs performance:

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-bsd/2005-March/000722.html

This was required on most of my test systems to prevent ticks in the
dialtone.

There also appears to be some improvement in echo cancellor
performance with this change, have not taken the time
to make accurate measurements. This 'improvement' may be in the form
of faster echo null which is not so easy to quantify..

hope this helps

-kim

w8hdkim at yahoo.com