[Asterisk-bsd] Re: Which g729 driver?

Chris Stenton jacs at gnome.co.uk
Tue Mar 15 04:08:08 CST 2005

Well if the IPP code core dumps then the chances are the digium one is
better. Its based on the annex A  source code. If I remember all they have
done to speed it up is to use some inlining.  I  tried the annex B code
which seemed to be stable enough with no crashes but its slower than annex A
and not sure if I noticed any difference in quality may be its slightly
better on background noise?

Re real systems would be interesting to know who uses it in anger.

my system is small   six phones, flash panel linked to vtiger crm. Number of
crashes in the last five months zero - running cvs head on FreeBSD 5.3.
Anyone else using a crm linked into asterisk I have only just started using
vtiger and it still has a few issues but is usable!

Chris