[Asterisk-bsd] Which hardware i should use?

Oliver Schneider os at kobo.de
Tue Jul 5 18:20:56 CDT 2005

Hello all,

I am really interested in this thread, as I intend to do the same. My
main point is more the other way, to let my ISDN phones rings when I get
an call via ISDN or VoIP and second to use the user menu for incoming
calls on Asterisk, doesn't matter if VoIp or ISDN.

Also schrieb Matthias Fechner am Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 12:03:39AM +0200:
> * Chris Stenton <jacs at gnome.co.uk> [05-07-05 16:03]:
> > You need to be careful as you will need it to do some form of xover to the
> > pbx. I am fairly sure the AVM B1 active card will not allow you to do that.
> > I "think" the Digium T/E1 card will which I "think" is supported. Have a
> > look at the BSD zaptel driver.
> thx for the tip, i will check this, if the card is not supporting
> this, i will connect it directly to the NTBA.

connecting an E1 directly to an PBX (I assume with an normal internal S0 bus)?
I cannot beleave this will work. But the normal analog adapters should
work with the internal analog port. Of course no ISDN features and just
one channel.

> > E-Bay is a lot cheaper for the active cards. I got a few AVM  B1 cards for
> > 15 euros each!
> But this is the ISA version or?
> The problem is, i dont an ISA slot in my server anymore. :(

PCI cards should be obtainable for about 80 EUR.

Second choice maybe to such an converter as the sipura to get from
Ethernet to (analog PBX).

I think the AVM PCI options isn't to bad for your demands, unfortunatly
not for me, as I wan't to act my Asterisk as real ISDN PBX. My ISDN
phones are just better than VoIP phones and cheaper.

Oliver