Fwd: Re: [Asterisk-bsd] 1.0.2 -> 1.0.3 MeetMe conferencing freezes freebsd 5.3 stable.

Lane lane at joeandlane.com
Wed Jan 12 17:19:17 CST 2005

Subject: Re: [Asterisk-bsd] 1.0.2 -> 1.0.3 MeetMe conferencing freezes freebsd
5.3 stable.
Date: Wednesday 12 January 2005 15:38
From: Vahan Yerkanian <vahan at arminco.com>
To: Asterisk on BSD discussion <asterisk-bsd at lists.digium.com>

Exactly the same thing.

I'm using 5.3 STABLE, both 1.0.3 cvsupped and /usr/ports/net/asterisk do
lockup the server every time I use meetme or issue a stop now or reload
commands at cli interface. having HZ=1000 or using kernel.GENERIC
doesn't make any difference. Unloading the /usr/ports/net/zaptel modules
  fixes the problem so I think that's the cause of the problem.

For now I've disabled zaptel (I'm using Digium X100P pci card).

Zeno Lee wrote:
> When I was running 1.0.2 I had meetme working fine.  Then I recompiled
> the 5.3 STABLE with option HZ=1000 as recommended by the warnings in
> zaptel. Shortly after I had occasional freebsd lockups.  By lockups I
> mean the machine froze needing a hard reboot.
>
> I just cvsuped to 1.0.3 and now my freebsd machine locks up anytime I
> try to use meetme.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I'm on 5.3-STABLE / Asterisk 1.0.3 (new from ports) using GENERIC kernel with
Zaptel 0.8_1 and TDM11B.  MeetMe seems to work ok, but she just stops
responding if I issue "STOP NOW" from Asterisk CLI.  I have to issue
"shutdown now" from a separate terminal session to get asterisk to unload.

If anyone is interested, I've patched spandsp for use on FreeBSD and I'm happy
to report that app_rxfax.so actually works.  I have not yet gotten asterisk
to automagically recognize the fax tone (I'm dialing a FAX extension for now)
but I think this is a dialplan problem.

Haven't tested app_txfax yet.

lane