[Asterisk-bsd] Asterisk, NetBSD and the state of the world

Jeff Rizzo riz+asterisk at boogers.sf.ca.us
Tue Jan 11 14:16:24 CST 2005

Brian Buhrow wrote:

>	Hello folks.  I have a build of Asterisk from December 2003 wich I've
>been running under NetBSD 1.6.x and 2.0 quite successfully.  This build,
>however, doesn't work with any of the Digium hardware, and doesn't support
>conferencing, due to the lack of a timing source.  I'm aware that new
>versions of Asterisk can be compiled to run under NetBSD, but what new
>features do I get by upgrading?  Can I now run the IAX2 protocol?  Will
>conferencing work under NetBSD with  Asterisk-1.x?  Is there any hardware
>support?  What about H.323, skinny, etc?
>	In other words, can people relate their experience with NetBSD and
>Asterisk?
>-thanks
>-Brian

I am (very slowly) working on hardware support under NetBSD for the
Digium TDM400P cards... I have something compiling but not yet working.
(See previous posts on this list).  The one thing that _is_ working
(FSVO "working") is the ztdummy driver.

I have been able to use IAX2 successfully under NetBSD and asterisk 1.0+
(mostly I use cvs snapshots).  I have not yet tried to use conferencing.

Asterisk compiles pretty much out of the box under NetBSD 2.0 and
later.  I'm currently working (slowly) on creating a pkgsrc package for
it, and on the aforementioned drivers.  Unfortunately the holidays and
real work have gotten in the way for the moment, but I hope to be able
to dedicate some more time to it in a week or three, and possibly to
finally figure out the source of my driver problems.  Feel free to
contact me off-list for more information and questions.

+j
riz at tastylime.net