[Asterisk-bsd] FXO Advice Sought

Bob Van Valzah Bob at 29West.Com
Tue Jan 4 18:45:42 CST 2005

I'm building an Asterisk PBX on FreeBSD and I need advice on the best
way to get 4 FXO lines connected.  Top priority is the production
quality of the connection; next the amount of time/effort involved;
finally price.

It looks like the alternatives are the PCI-based Wildcard TDM400P + 4
FXO bundle or one of the various external analog FXO gateways.  (Am I
missing something else?)

The impression I get from what I read is that the TDM400P driver in
FreeBSD isn't yet perfect.  There seems to've been important development
in the SVN repository since the port was last updated on 10/26/04.

Is anybody running the driver from the SVN repository?  Would you rate
it production quality yet or is it still "beta"?  Any tricks involved in
getting it to run with the port framework from October?

Any words of advice about the analog gateways would also be appreciated.

	Thanks,

	Bob